VW BUS forum
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Ordinateur portable ASUS Chromebook Vibe CX34 Flip
Voir le deal
399 €

please help! t3 breakdown in Fribourg while on a road trip

+2
Cpascal
BoogieJimmy
6 participants

please help! t3 breakdown in Fribourg while on a road trip Empty please help! t3 breakdown in Fribourg while on a road trip

Message par BoogieJimmy Mer 24 Avr 2013 - 17:16

yo guys and girls, I'm on a road trip with my friends and we've got a serious problem, we broke down in Fribourg. Looks like transmission problem; maybe the gearbox went to hell. We're broke and realy need to get home to Oslo therefore we're desperate for your help. The car is a 1990 VW transporter T3 originally 1.6TD converted to 1.9D gearbox code ABH. Is there any VW bus T3 model freak around Fribourg that could help? We're totally screwed the van doesn't move it's not possible to put it into a gear. Once again please help. Thanks, Jimmy and crew

BoogieJimmy

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

please help! t3 breakdown in Fribourg while on a road trip Empty Re: please help! t3 breakdown in Fribourg while on a road trip

Message par Cpascal Mer 24 Avr 2013 - 19:30

Bah alors les copains Suisse ....... personne ?
Cpascal
Cpascal

please help! t3 breakdown in Fribourg while on a road trip Empty Re: please help! t3 breakdown in Fribourg while on a road trip

Message par Orangebud Mer 24 Avr 2013 - 19:37

Qui connait un T3 sur Fribourg? Ou réparateur?
Orangebud
Orangebud

Message par Stan Laplace Mer 24 Avr 2013 - 20:05

Sorry to hear about your problems Sad

I don't think there are many people from Fribourg around here. No

I will post your topic on another swiss VW forum (www.vwspirit.ch). I hope you'll find more help there...

Send me your mobile number and/or an e-mail address via PM
Stan Laplace
Stan Laplace

Message par Chokdee Mer 24 Avr 2013 - 22:04

Hi!
There is one garage where you may find help, not far from Fribourg:
Garage de l'Autoroute
Z.I. de la Pralaz
1530 Payerne
Phone: 026 660 89 89
Email: autoroute@romandie.com

Good Luke
Chokdee
Chokdee

Message par Stan Laplace Jeu 25 Avr 2013 - 12:32

Labrador a écrit:Hi!
There is one garage where you may find help, not far from Fribourg:
Garage de l'Autoroute
Z.I. de la Pralaz
1530 Payerne
Phone: 026 660 89 89
Email: autoroute@romandie.com

Good Luke

This auto mechanic is also recommended by a member from the other forum.
Stan Laplace
Stan Laplace

Message par BoogieJimmy Jeu 25 Avr 2013 - 17:40

There is an oportunity for us to have the nessesary parts delievered (from abroad) incl. gearbox if nessesary but the thing is that we're not sure if it is the gearbox or the just the linkage system or maybe something else...? The gearstick was loose ever since and got even worse just because the breakdown so this might be just the linkage perheaps? The van is parked quite dodgy next to a block of flats so it's quite likely that someone will eventually get pissed off and call the cops or something than if it gets towed away I guess I never get it back so the case is urgent...

thank you for your help but I guess a car workshop in Switzerland is nothing close to what we can afford either do I have insurance that would cover the cost of towing us there using a towtruck...

BoogieJimmy

Message par Chokdee Jeu 25 Avr 2013 - 18:01

The garage I mentioned before (Garage Autoroute) in Payerne might be of help to you regarding the towing of your T3 up to their premises.
They could also do a checkup of your Transporter and perhaps repair it.
They probably have some second hand parts and are quite reasonable as far as price are concerned.
You probably be able to sleep in your T3 during repair and have no risk with the police there.
Think about it as it might be cheaper to go there than having parts sent from abroad (you may have to pay VAT and Custom fees if you do so).
Keep us posted!
Regards.
Chokdee
Chokdee

Message par BoogieJimmy Sam 27 Avr 2013 - 17:50

ok so our situation is: we contacted the garage in payerne and they say they don't have the time for us by now. instead we got introduced to a very friendly mechanic guy in fribourg, he came to us and did his research on the van. his judge is it's the gearbox. right now I'm working on having the gearbox sent, we came to a conclusion it makes the most sence after all, the diesel parts seem to be very rare in here. the crap thing is that the 2 of us that speak french have to leave us soon and go by plane to make it to oslo in time that means they will be gone before the gearbox arrives and I don't know how we will comunicate as long as the mechanic doesn't speak english. so if anyone could spend one afternoon on helping us and come to help with communication and maybe some assistance on the exchange we would be very grateful. ps. the mechanic got a vw van himself so I guess he knows what he deals with. greetings - jimmy

BoogieJimmy

Message par Chokdee Mer 8 Mai 2013 - 11:23

Could you tell us if you had any chance in resolving your gearbox problem since you didn't post anything about it after the 27 of April?
Chokdee
Chokdee

Message par Cpascal Mer 8 Mai 2013 - 12:11

Smile il faut être réaliste , ils n'ont plus besoin d'aide ! mais bon ils auraient pu mettre un petit message .................................................................
Cpascal
Cpascal

Message par Cpascal Mer 8 Mai 2013 - 12:13

flower mais ........ c'est aussi à ça que les forums peuvent servir , et on sera peut-être content un jour de trouver un forum autochtone pour se dépanner !!!
Cpascal
Cpascal

Message par buslady Sam 11 Mai 2013 - 13:54

je pense qu'ils n'ont plus besoin d'aide. J'avais envoyé un mp et proposé d'envoyer une newslettre à tout le forum pour trouver des membres autour de Fribourg pour les aider et je n'ai pas eu de réponse. Tant mieux si leur problème est résolu Smile
buslady
buslady

Message par BoogieJimmy Lun 13 Mai 2013 - 0:50

hello everyone, sorry for not posting this any sooner but I didn't really have an oportunity to do it. So after all we found a man who helped us with replacing the gearbox what we did at his farm to where he towed us and where we spent several days having a real nice time. Truly amazing man, the amount of time and energy he spent on helping us as well as his good will was just too big.

So now I have a DT gearbox instead of an original ABH and it seems as if it's a better match to my engine which is really short on power, it drove more easy and the crusing speed didn't really decrease. We had some trouble with puting it in becouse the linkage wasn't conected at the same spot at the new one but diy-shortened the linkage and it worked fine. Thanks for the attention everyone, cheers!

BoogieJimmy

Message par Chokdee Lun 13 Mai 2013 - 10:08

Hi!
Glad to hear that you solved your gearbox problem.
Could you give us the name and address of your rescuer?
Wish you a safe trip back to your country.
Regards.
Chokdee
Chokdee

Message par Stan Laplace Mar 14 Mai 2013 - 21:27

cool, glad to hear you managed to fix your van! cheers
Stan Laplace
Stan Laplace

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé